Friday, November 14, 2008

Berlin to Paris to Miami to LA to Honolulu....whew!

A long drawn out trip to Europe finally ends...whew! My last day in Berlin was spent meeting up with my friend Kai and doing some shopping before getting to bed at a decent hour since I had to wake up the next morning at 5:30am to be on a 7am Air France flight to Paris to connect with my American Airlines flight to Miami.

The next morning I got up, packed up and then got a taxi to Tegel airport in plenty of time. On my flight from Paris to Berlin I had a whole row of three seats to myself, but this time the plane was near full and I decided I do not like Air France's European operations. The seats are very tight with bad leg room so you basically can't recline either or else you whack the persons' knees behind you and then they prevent you from reclining by pushing your seat right back into place with their knees! The one hour and twenty minute flight seemed almost as long as my flight to Miami!!! Anyway, we landed at Charles de Gaulle where I promptly de-boarded and quickly shuffled from terminal 2D to terminal 2A and easily made my flight to Miami with only a one hour connecting time. Amazingly, I found out that I knew 3 people in in business class that run Score in Miami Beach!

Watch out for your knees with Air France! Do I look pissed? Of course I am, I can't move my knees nor recline my seat!

The plane sure looks pretty enough!

The old TWA terminal at Charles de Gaulle.....memories of my youth transferring here to Athens, Tel Aviv and Cairo alike.


9 1/2 hours later and I landed in Miami. My bag did not make it, but American guaranteed it would arrive later that night at 10:30pm (Air France just could not get my bag to my flight quick enough). The next morning I went to the bank, then the accountant and then to the airport. Yes, another flight, actually a very long flight! Rich and I boarded a flight to LA and then continued on in LA to Honolulu where I am now.


American Airlines signature Hawaiian First Class meal service to Honolulu


Sometimes I want to take a nice pic of myself then somehow Miss Thing pops up in the background with her floatation device.


After the floatation device incident, I decided to downsize Rich, but he quickly picked up a job hauling food in a Chinese village.

Finally, no Miss Thing in the background....and much needed relaxation!

3 comments:

  1. may i ask whom books your trips is it an agency or person that works in your company?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I miss fabulous Rich!! (oh and YOU...just a little. JK!!!)Tell Rich I say hi. See you at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have to say that I like your films....awesome...and hot...was reading your site...very nice...what an intresting guy you are...

    ReplyDelete