Sunday, October 7, 2007

Hola de Costa Rica!

After Folsom and a little bit of business in LA, I decided to go to Costa Rica for 5 days. Actually, the trip was not booked on a whim, but rather when American Airlines decided to compete with Spirit Airlines' entry into the Central American/Caribbean market. I bought my trip to Nicaragua, San Juan and here at the same time for only $79 round trip to each destination. In addition, American upgrades me automatically since I am Executive Platinum with them so I flew for that cheap in First Class!

Anyway, I have been here 3 times before and every time I came here my business partner Rich (back then he was just my friend since I had not started the business yet) begged to ride along the next time, so I decided to show him how pretty Costa Rica is. We picked up a SUV from the airport and 3 1/2 hours later driving up mountains and then along the Pacific we ended up in Manuel Antonio Park at my favorite hotel Mariposa. (By the way, that is Rich drinking coffee with a view from the hotel.)



























(Whoa, look at that log in my shorts....no wonder the people on the beach were looking and the American girls next to me were flirting!)So, for the past four days we have been relaxing, hiking, and going to the beach and then working productively at night since it gets dark around 5pm. Both yesterday and today I went to get a very nice massage right on the beach with the sound of the waves from a nice Costa Rican girl who I need to import back to the US so she can give me the same massage every day! We have another half day in Manuel Antonio then a drive back to San Jose and then fly back to Miami the following day to start organizing for Berlin!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the posting, Collin (and especially the pictures!). Been a fan for years and appreciate getting to know your personal side. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete