Sunday, September 21, 2008

New York, Buenos Aires and Montevideo!

So after a quick trip to New York to visit retailers. Rich and I took off for Buenos Aires. Since I have been on a gym binge since I made the break up with my ex final I went to the gym right before heading to the airport. Personally I have felt for a while that I really to get my ass back into shape after traveling a ton over the past year, so we'll see what happens. After arriving at JFK and settling into the First Class Admirals lounge, Rich started chatting up this guy in the corner of the lounge. American kept delaying the flight and then told the guy that the flight would be on an older 767 making him think it would be a non-refurbished 767 without the flat bed, but rather a recliner seat. He even made me nervous, even though I know American finished their refurbishment of the 767s like a year ago and recently finished their 777 fleet, I was scared a bit. I asked the agent in the lounge and she told me it would be a "767 jet." Holy shit! I totally thought I was back in 1983! 767-jet, I mean really lady.
Pluna's website to see how much it would cost to fly to Montevideo instead of taking the expensive boat (buquebus at $160 round trip) and I found a web special for Friday to Saturday for $59 round trip including taxes! So the next day we hopped on a nice new Pluna CRJ and took a quick 30 minute flight to Montevideo.




With Steve and his partner Ben at The Faena


Anyway, not only was it a "jet" it was also a completely reconfigured business class with flat beds. Our new friend Steve (the guy Rich chatted up in the lounge) changed his seat based on the misinformation of the lounge agent ended up with the one broken seat that would not recline fully! Although the flight was perfect for sleep: 10 hours, leaving 1.5 hours after take off and 1.5 hours before landing to get full sleep, which I did get 7 hours of sleep, after arriving at the hotel Rich and I slept for another 6 hours! ahh! Later, we met up with Steve and his boyfriend Ben at the Hotel Faena for drinks then on to Kilometro Zero for some trashy fun.

The next few days we organized shoots, met with models, filmed a bit, lazed around a bit and then I went to

Pluna is the Fabulous Uruguayan Airline

Montevideo is actually a very small but interesting city with awesome architecture. Rich and I also cashed in some Starwood Points to stay at the Four Points Montevideo for free and ended up working most of the day, but did get to look around a bit during the day before heading out to a nice dinner at night and then to a pub or two after. The next day our special fare was for an 8:30am flight back to Buenos Aires so we went to bed early, but then took a nap after returning to our apartment and then I had to get some work done! Now its Sunday and we are taking the day off like most Argentinians and then off to Santiago de Chile on Thursday hoping to convince LAN Chile to allow us a 1 or 2 day stopover to see the city before continuing onto Sao Paulo.

1 comment:

  1. Collin,

    Your pics are small again.
    What's up with that?

    Thanks,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete