Wednesday, September 3, 2008

T.S. Fay, mom, dad, LA and back

I seem to have perfected how to shove 10 pounds of shit into a five pound bag. The only problem is that every so often I break down and crash for 2 days or so becoming a recluse. This adventure started with Tropical Storm Fay's dirty side hit Miami hard. FYI- the dirty side of a storm is the northwest quadrant and dirty meaning harsher winds and massive downpours. Fay started to hit Monday night so I was a bit worried about my Tuesday morning flight, but I lucked out and my flight took off between one of Fay's nasty bands. The take off of the large 777 was quite rough and then when we turned West and went directly over Fay the huge aircraft took a large dip....woo hoo!

Needless to say I made it safe to LA and then up to San Jose where my mom picked me up. I spent the next two days finishing the work in her yard I started last month then on Thursday I drove with my cousin Gina up to Sacramento. My cousin wanted to go see Air Supply at the Sacramento State Fair. This is the second time I went to see Air Supply with my cousin (the first in Las Vegas) so I guess I can be called an "Air Head." LOL! After a fun night at the fair we went out on the (gay) town in Sacramento and had a lot of fun...I even entered an underwear contest that I lost....you win some and you lose some, but in the end it is all fun and games.

The next day turned out to be a bit crazy. I was suppose to take a simple nonstop flight on United from Sacramento to LA, but United cancelled my flight and their Philippine call center put me on a US Airways flight via Vegas, but my cousin's GPS sent us to Sacramento Executive Airport so by the time we got to the right airport US Airways would not check me in. I called United again and the Philippine call center blamed me for everything refusing to change my ticket! Ah! After a huge fight and demanding a supervisor the agent finally rebooked me out of Oakland in 3 hours, but we didn't even make it to Oakland in time so United put me on a Delta flight departing 2 hours later. I arrived in LA just in time to get to my graphics company to pick up my promo DVDs...whew!

The next day I went to the Rentboy pool party and had a ton of fun with Chi Chi, Brandon Baker, Mark from the Grabby's and my buds from Specialty Publications. Between Tuesday and Thursday I flew up to Oregon to see my dad...not much happened except us argue over politics since the DNC was on tv. Once again I missed a flight on United because I am not a premium member of United's Mileage Plus Program so I had to be a normal traveler and deal with very slow and annoying TSA lines at one of United's major hubs: LAX. Over the next few days I hung out with friends, went to Sunset Junction and filmed a scene in San Diego before finally returning to Miami Beach.

3 comments:

  1. As always, you have posted some awesome pictures.
    Too bad about the airport/flight situations.

    How do you lose an underwear contest? With that body, damn.

    Thanks,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw the preview clip for "Collin and Beaux".
    Wow, is all I can say.
    I see you're all dripping wet, from the pool, in the scene.

    You have an amazing body.

    Thanks,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a boring blog. i guess if i cared about aircraft models it would be interesting

    ReplyDelete