Monday, August 13, 2007

RSVP Cruise Day 5: Dubrovnik, Croatia

Today was a day I did not want to waste since we docked into a city both Rich and I really wanted to see and come to for a long time: DUBROVNIK! But as I was not watching Rich closely the night before (I took a very long nap while he went to dinner with the RSVP people) and he made commitments for us both…AAAHHHHHH…well, that is what I thought initially. I was kinda pissy that Rich committed us to the RSVP photo shoot in Dubrovnik, but after the bunch of us got going I warmed up to the idea and eventually warmed up to each individual person by the end of the photo shoot. DJ Dan Leon and his partner Alex really impressed me as well as the photographer Michael and his wife Diane. Now, Diane is one of those people I would call “koo koo for cocoa puffs”…LOL…a bit out there and constantly talking and moving around. I pulled Rich aside and asked what her story was and he let me know she is an attorney and highly intelligent. Well, that makes sense! Most people I quip with my coo coo…etc, are highly intelligent people whose minds go 100 miles per hour. Needless to say, Diane is one person I became extremely fond of!

Now, back to Dubrovnik! Diane found us a nice restaurant to have seafood at the pretty port and then we all broke in separate groups and ours went on to take a boat to an island and go swimming…it was amazing! We all headed back to the ship where I took a long nap and then another night party on the back deck of the ship. So far, the cruise has been very nice and I met some great people!

Dubrovnik is a must see on any trip to Europe. It is a tiny well-preserved walled in port city that has a truly unique European flare with a beautiful setting right on the Adriatic coast. It is not overcrowded with tourists making it very romantic and a well kept secret!



No comments:

Post a Comment