Friday, August 17, 2007

RSVP Cruise Day 8: Malta

After a day on the open sea relaxing and a kind of late night partying it up on the back deck, we pulled into Malta early in the morning. When I opened my curtains I was completely amazed by how beautiful Malta is. I learned my lesson with Corfu and decided to reserve a car so we could drive around the island a bit. So Roman Rich and I headed for a taxi to get to the rental agency with our laundry (it was so expensive on the boat) and our laptops for a bit of work.

When we arrived at the car rental agency we drove immediately to drop off our laundry and then go to the internet cafĂ© just blocks apart. Rich and I finished our work quickly, but Roman wanted to stay and finish his work so Rich and I drove off into the Maltese landscape. With Rich as my navigator I took off up the hills towards a town where the JAT Airways office is (don’t ask…well, yeah, I have to fly a model to Belgrade and needed to buy the ticket…JAT still does not have e-ticket ability!) We found the city but the oddest thing is that I parked the car in the main square so I could find the JAT office by foot and guess what? I parked right in front of the bloody office! LOL! We went through a store, then up some stair and into the office where the JAT woman only accepted cash payment so I ran to the ATM, got the money and finished the transaction…back in the car and on the road to a nice beach!

Ok, so this is going to sound really odd, but hey, I am human and also a strange person! For the LONGEST time I have always wanted to go to “Popeye Village” in Malta (http://www.popeyemalta.com). I knew if I ever went to Malta I would go to Popeye Village but since we did not have much time and I did do my homework in advance I thought my dream would never come true…… But then a sign appeared! A sign on the side of a random road on our way to the beach that said…..POPEYE VILLAGE 5 KM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH! Rich flipped a nut at me and said no “no way!” But I insisted and we went…wooo hooo! After a quick romp at the village we went to hop in the water. After about 1 hour splashing around we had to head back to get our laundry and then to see the beautiful for city of Valetta, the capital, before returning to the ship.

After picking up our freshly cleaned and folded clothes we headed to Valetta that totally reminded me of Beirut! We walked around a bit and then drove back to the port where we found the gay bar! We stopped in and talked to the bartender that gave us great info regarding coming back to film my “Malta” movie!!! Oh yeah! After dropping off the car in front of the ship rich went off to sleep and I went to the back deck again for a really cool 70’s party!

No comments:

Post a Comment