Saturday, August 18, 2007

RSVP Cruise Day 9: Salerno

Since we had so much fun in Dubrovnik with Diane, Michael, Randy and James I decided I would take a shot at a group effort in Salerno. We all wanted to head to Capri, but getting 6 people to be at the same place and same time would be hard and Randy was late so the rest took off while Rich and I waited for Randy. After a short bus ride into town and walking about 1 mile to the port we somehow caught up to the rest of the guys even though we were about 40 minutes behind them. We dumped the Capri trip for a Positano trip because the boat already left and Capri is much further than Rich thought.

I fell asleep on the boat ride that first docked in at Almafi before it continued onto Positano. When we finally arrived we only had 2 ½ hours to putz around
and have lunch…so that’s just what we did! After lunch and gelato we boarded the boat and I fell asleep again. We barely made the last bus back to the boat and then spent the rest of the day lounging by the pool. Since this was our last night basically the ship started shutting down. At 9pm, when normally there would be a ton of people floating around, I could not find one person anywhere. Eventually I just retired to my room and prepare for the arrival into Rome’s port the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment